Sitting meditation 7 pm Monday-Thursday in Rancho Santa Margarita.
Where I train.
Since fall of 2015, I have trained at the Desert Zen Center in Lucerne Valley. Beginning in 1976, the Center was used for monthly meditation retreats by members of the Long Beach Zen Monastery and the International Buddhist Meditation Center. In 1982, the Venerable Thich An Giao and his Senior Disciple, Thich Tam Hien moved to the desert to take up permanent residence.
Where we sit.
Currently sitting at 7 pm Monday through Thursday at the RSM Bell Tower in the quiet room near the fireplace. Bring a blanket and pillow, zafu, or whatever helps you sit comfortably. Chairs are available. We are always looking to welcome those interested, regardless of their experience, knowledge, or skill level. Join us in silence and stillness.
- Michael Davis
- Rancho Santa Margarita householder since 1989.
- Daily seated meditation practice since April 27, 2015.
- Completed the Rains season monthly weekend training at Desert Zen Center - September through December 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Upasaka ordination at Desert Zen Center -- Chua Thien An in Lucerne Valley on December 9, 2018.
- My dharma name is Virya Muktika.
- Invited to attend the Annual 7-day Monk’s Training Retreat at the DZC in April 2019.
- Weekday evening meditation at Lago Santa Margarita or RSM Bell Tower July 1 to present.
- Received Sramanera (Novice Monk’s) ordination with the name Thich Tam Pho Minh from my teacher/master the Venerable Roshi Thich An Giao, Abbot of the Desert Zen Center on December 15, 2019.